How can female athletes improve their performance?

Using a mix of carbs in a protein drink proved to help increase athletic performance in female cyclists and triathletes, say researchers. A study compared the effects of a dextrose-only protein drink and one with a blend of glucose, fructose and maltodextrin.

According to the study authors, the protein-mixed carb drink improved performance despite containing 50% lower carbohydrate content and approximately 30% fewer calories. The study appeared in a recent issue of the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.

By utilizing a different carb mixture, the researchers were
able to create a more effective protein drink that had fewer calories.

Continue Learning about Fitness

When Should You Exercise?
When Should You Exercise?
Mark Wahlberg, Jennifer Aniston and The Rock all get up in the wee hours to do their daily exercise routine. And while plenty of research supports the...
What can I do to stay fit when I travel?
Grannies on SafariGrannies on Safari
A traveler loses control over food choices by restaurant availability, by being restricted to what i...
Ditch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor Activities
Ditch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor ActivitiesDitch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor ActivitiesDitch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor ActivitiesDitch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor Activities
Have fun in the sun this summer. It may even help you drop a few pounds.
5 Minute Chair Workout
5 Minute Chair Workout