How should I exercise as a new mom?

Alice Domar
I think short-burst exercise is ideal for young mothers, who usually struggle to find more than a few consecutive minutes to themselves, but who could probably sprint across the yard every now and then while playing with their toddlers. Note that I said “sprint,” not “lope.” The idea is to run as fast and hard as you possibly can. You should be panting afterward.

Other possibilities for short workouts include running up and down the stairs, dashing to the mailbox and back, and doing push-ups while the coffee brews. You’ll feel a little batty, but when has that stopped you before? When life allows, you can resume normal workouts.
Live a Little!: Breaking the Rules Won't Break Your Health

Later to bed, munching some fries, makes a girl pretty healthy and wise. . . .Yes, it’s true—more or less. Why? Women do need to eat healthier, exercise, get adequate sleep, and take preventive...

Continue Learning about Fitness

Exercise to Get Smart
Exercise to Get Smart
Whenever I'm trying to figure out a solution to a particularly thorny problem, my first instinct is to go for a walk, hop on my bike, or take off on m...
Why should I try new sports in middle age?
If you're middle-aged, it's not too late to try a new sport, whether it's one that was a childhood d...
Ditch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor Activities
Ditch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor ActivitiesDitch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor ActivitiesDitch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor ActivitiesDitch the Gym and Try These 10 Outdoor Activities
Have fun in the sun this summer. It may even help you drop a few pounds.
Exercises for Back-Pain Relief
Exercises for Back-Pain Relief