How do I use a pedometer?

Many pedometers are different but most are very similar in setup:

• Find the appropriate place to set, usually on your hip
  • Estimate your stride length
  • Walk!

Some pedometers may allow you to input your height and weight. Others are very simple and will only calculate your steps walked. Either way be sure to put it to use and have fun!

Continue Learning about Fitness

Easy Way to Up Your Exercise Endorphins
Easy Way to Up Your Exercise Endorphins
You know that nice mood you get from your daily walk? Here's an easy way to ratchet up those feel-good feelings a notch or two: Invite a friend. Rese...
The Cure for Dormant Butt Muscle Syndrome
What do Mia Hamm, Michael Phelps and NFL quarterbacks have in common? Toned glutes! And if you think that’s not something to comment on—take a seat (y...
Why You Should Work Out in the Morning
Why You Should Work Out in the Morning
Dr. Mike was walking through his Wellness Center one afternoon when he heard someone comment, “I love exercising early in the morning, but it makes me...
How do I start exercising?
Here's what I recommend my patients do when starting to exercise: Start slowly. Don't overdo it. ...