How do corporate fitness programs help employees and the company?

Corporate fitness programs help employees maintain active healthy lifestyles. Maintaining an active healthy lifestyle helps increase productivity and diminishes health care costs. Employees involved in a corporate wellness program tend to miss fewer work days and have fewer doctor visits. Exercise has many positive benefits including reduced risk of heart disease, cancer and type 2 diabetes. In addition, exercise improves cognitive function, reduces stress, and improves your mood.

Continue Learning about Fitness

All About You: Stand Up Straight
All About You: Stand Up Straight
One of the easiest ways to strengthen your abdominal muscles—and support your back—is through good posture. You may feel like you're already standing...
Ask Oz and Roizen: Working Out Before Surgery and Staying Germ-Free at the Gym
Q: I’m going to have hip replacement surgery next month and my doctor says I should exercise for a better recovery. How am I supposed to do that when ...
Why do I get cramps in my fingers when I exercise?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
You may get cramps in your fingers when you exercise for a couple of reasons.First, have you been dr...
How much physical activity should I do for good health?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
Ensuring that you get enough physical activity will go a long way toward good health and improving y...