What should I know about hiking?

Hiking is a great way to stay, or get in shape. If you’re going to start hiking, make sure you know the trails, and always err on the side of safety by bringing a partner along. Secondly, a good set of hiking shoes is a great addition when start. Good shoes will protect your feet and prevent injury. Last, make sure you bring along proper hydration and/or nutrition if you’re going for an extended hike.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Foods to Fuel Your Workout
Foods to Fuel Your Workout
Eating just the right thing before lifting weights or jumping on the elliptical trainer can keep you energized from start to finish. But what you shou...
Ask Oz and Roizen: Working Out Before Surgery and Staying Germ-Free at the Gym
Q: I’m going to have hip replacement surgery next month and my doctor says I should exercise for a better recovery. How am I supposed to do that when ...
A Tool to Relieve Stress and Improve Your Health
Practicing gentle yoga along with regular aerobic activity could not only help you ease stress but also provide real health benefits. A 2017 study pu...
How can I be more physically active?
Darren Treasure, PhDDarren Treasure, PhD
Strategies to help you become physically activeAs people progress through the stages of change, the ...