Is exercising three days a week for two hours sufficient?

It is recommended to exercise 5-7 days per week. Each of those days should contain some type of cardiorespiratory performed at a moderate intensity. Two to three of those days should contain resistance training; In addition, each day should contain flexibility training. Set aside roughly an hour for each workout session.

If your goal is to lose weight, you need to make sure that at the end of the week, you have a negative energy balance. Meaning, you’ve burned more calories than you’ve consumed.

Continue Learning about Fitness

All About You: Stand Up Straight
All About You: Stand Up Straight
One of the easiest ways to strengthen your abdominal muscles—and support your back—is through good posture. You may feel like you're already standing...
How can I stay active if I have a chronic illness?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
Because of the symptoms they experience, those who live with chronic illness may find it challenging...
5 Embarrassing Gym Moments—And How to Avoid Them
5 Embarrassing Gym Moments—And How to Avoid Them5 Embarrassing Gym Moments—And How to Avoid Them5 Embarrassing Gym Moments—And How to Avoid Them5 Embarrassing Gym Moments—And How to Avoid Them
Don't let these exercise goofs ruin your workout.
U.S. Olympian Alev Kelter’s Get-Strong Regimen