Is exercising three days a week for two hours sufficient?

It is recommended to exercise 5-7 days per week. Each of those days should contain some type of cardiorespiratory performed at a moderate intensity. Two to three of those days should contain resistance training; In addition, each day should contain flexibility training. Set aside roughly an hour for each workout session.

If your goal is to lose weight, you need to make sure that at the end of the week, you have a negative energy balance. Meaning, you’ve burned more calories than you’ve consumed.

Continue Learning about Fitness

What is an abdominal crunch?
An abdominal crunch is an exercise to strengthen the abdomen by contracting it to flex your spine an...
How do I start exercising?
Here's what I recommend my patients do when starting to exercise: Start slowly. Don't overdo it. ...
Strengthen and Sculpt Your Body Plan
Strengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body PlanStrengthen and Sculpt Your Body Plan
Add exercise bands to your workout for a leaner, stronger physique. Feel like you're getting weaker? If you're not already including strength training...
What Can I Do If My Low Back Hurts When I Exercise My Core?