How does exercise improve mood in women with chronic pain?

Exercise provides many benefits to help improve mood and chronic pain issues. Regular exercise helps improve range of motion and limberness of muscles, and joints. Exercise performed regularly will cause the body to release of a variety of chemicals that help improve mood, and decrease pain, including growth hormone, testosterone, catecholamines, endorphins, and serotonin. This one –two punch of feel good chemicals, plus pain reducing chemicals will help improve a person with chronic pain issued mood. 

Continue Learning about Fitness

How do I start exercising?
Here's what I recommend my patients do when starting to exercise: Start slowly. Don't overdo it. ...
How can I lose fat specifically on my thighs?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
There is no such thing as spot reduction. Many believe working leg muscles in the gym will lead to f...
As a Sharecare Transformer, how do you avoid getting bored with exercise?
Jen McElroy - Sharecare TransformerJen McElroy - Sharecare Transformer
The simple answer is to do something you love doing and it won't seem like a chore. The other way to...
How much exercise do adults need?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Doctors recommend that adults participate in moderate intensity exercise for 30 minutes most day...