If I exercise daily, does it mean I am fit and healthy?

Just because you are exercising doesn't mean you are fit and healthy.  As for me I work in a health club as a personal trainer.  I see so many people who come on a regular basis week after week.  However as months go by their body doesn't change even though they are at the gym every week.  Just because you show up doesn't mean you will get healthy.  You do have to put in the work to keep your body healthy.  Changing your eating habits, working on your resistance training and increasing your cardiovascular training are all things that have to work together.  So just because you are going to the gym doesn't mean you are reaching your goals.

The exercise that one constantly does on a consistent basis must be set to accomplish  specific goals, therefore when exercise is done in this way the body will be progressively challenged , and accomplish ones fitness goals for increasing overall health and getting one to become fit and healthy. The exercise one takes part in daily does not mean that you are fit, and healthy. The accomplishment of improving ones personal individual health and fitness goals along with a permanent lifestyle change is what makes him, or her fit, and healthy.

How you exercise, what types of exercises you do and the intensities you use, will be a good determining factor as to whether you are fit and healthy, or not. If you do the same thing all the time your body will stagnate. It is important to change your training routine. Listen to your body for clues as to when to increase the intensity, and when you should pull back and take it easy. Having awareness of your body will help keep you injury free.

Performing daily exercise does lead to being healthy and fit. Make sure you’re making your workouts count. They should have a good degree of intensity, and last between 30 minutes and an hour. Merely going through the motions does not lead to better fitness. Exercise with a purpose.

There are multiple factors that play a role towards the answer to this question. What are your fitness goals? Do you want to gain or lose weight? Are you consuming enough calories for weight gain? Are you burning more calories than consuming for weight loss? Are you getting results from your fitness program? How much time do you spend exercising daily? Does you diet compliment your fitness regiment?, etc...

I would recommend having a defined fitness goal and a plan of action, which can be used as a measurement of your progress. This measuring stick will provide the needed information to understand if your on the right path towards being fit and healthy.

No. Being healthy and being fit are not the same things. Exercise is a critical component in both, but several factors affect your overall health.

Examples that can affect your health include diet, sleep or lack of sleep, smoking, drinking and substance abuse just to name a few.

High blood pressure and genetic health conditions play a major role in your overall health as well.
As a fitness professional, I can safely say that being fit leads to a healthier lifestyle, but does not mean you are healthy.

It means that you are probably healthier and fitter than if you only sat on the couch every day. I would remind you though as I am sure everyone has above me on this chain; intensity, duration, exercise selection, and needs all determine whether or not the program is sufficient to create fitness. Your fitness level is only a result of the amount of quality effort that you put in. What one person calls exercising every day and another person calls exercising every day can be quite different.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Improve Your Brain Function with Exercise
Every walk around the block, every dumbbell curl, every yoga pose—each is a good investment in your mind. There is a close correlation between exercis...
Can diet and exercise help treat obstructive sleep apnea?
Diet and exercise may be able to help ease symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea, especially exercise ...
6 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Workout
6 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Workout6 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Workout6 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Workout6 Ways You Are Sabotaging Your Workout
Reap the benefits of your time at the gym by dodging these workout no-nos.
Dr. Oz Works Out with David Buer
Dr. Oz Works Out with David Buer