Does exercising in a hot room boost my weight training or yoga efforts?

There is a style of yoga called Bikram Yoga that uses higher room temperatures during yoga classes. Disciples of this particular approach believe there are benefits to the body in terms of pliability, circulation, toxin removal and focus.  Hotter rooms are also trending in the world of aerobic exercise, specifically during spinning, despite there being little evidence of better outcomes with a heated environment.
Experts feel that for the average exerciser, a heated environment actually makes the person less able to perform maximally, because their body has to work so much harder to stay cool. In particular, the heart is asked to provide adequate oxygen to the muscles, remove waste that accumulates during exercise AND pump even more blood to help dissipate the heat. There are no current studies that suggest any benefits that warrant the risks involved.

Continue Learning about Fitness

How Can I Gauge My Intensity If I Don’t Have a Heart Rate Monitor?
Runner’s Workout for Arms and Legs
Runner’s Workout for Arms and Legs
What Should I Know Before I Try Kung Fu?
10 Minute Energy Blast Workout
10 Minute Energy Blast Workout