Do women need strength training exercises?

Strength training has a number of benefits. Not only can strength training help to decrease body fat, increase your metabolism, and keep your bones strong. Strengthening exercises can help keep you from losing muscle mass and muscle burns more calories than fat. This means that the more muscle you have, the higher are your chances of burn more calories overall. In addition, as women age, they tend to slowly lose muscle mass, leading to losses in strength and a decrease in your body’s ability to burn calories.

Strength training is a critical component to maintaining muscle mass over time and enhancing bone density. Osteoporosis is a concern for aging female population and strength training will certainly reduce risk of onset.

Continue Learning about Fitness

make your workout feel like a breeze
make your workout feel like a breeze
it would be so great if we could figure out a way of making workouts feel easy-breezy for everyone . right ? so here the trick : give yourself a menta...
exercise to get smart
exercise to get smart
whenever i am trying to figure out a solution to a particularly thorny problem , my first instinct is to go for a walk , hop on my bike , or take off ...
3 secrets to living—and loving—an active life
most of us start th snowshoeing , doing jumping jacks or simply walking a new route that really pretty . new yea r ideally , your day-to-day activity...
break a sweat to sleep better and fight depression