As a woman, how can I tone my butt?

Women have more trouble firming up the backside than any other area of the body. This is the first place women tend to store fat, making it especially difficult to tone. Worse yet, this region is prone to cellulite, bringing about the dreaded "cottage cheese" appearance.

Training won't, by itself, reduce excess fat in your hamstrings and butt. You cannot spot-reduce body fat. But by combining training with a proper nutritional regimen, you can sculpt these muscles to create an enviable posterior. If your butt is flat, you can shape it to give a rounded appearance. If your hamstrings are loose, you can tone them to achieve a rock-hard look. Regardless of your present condition, with a little hard work, a firm, shapely backside can be yours.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Exercise to Get Smart
Exercise to Get Smart
Whenever I'm trying to figure out a solution to a particularly thorny problem, my first instinct is to go for a walk, hop on my bike, or take off on m...
Can fear of failure be a barrier to improving fitness levels?
Mr. Phil Holbrook , NASM Elite TrainerMr. Phil Holbrook , NASM Elite Trainer
The fear of failure can be a barrier to improving fitness levels, only if you as an individual let i...
How Exercise Boosts Longevity
How Exercise Boosts Longevity
10 Minute Energy Blast Workout
10 Minute Energy Blast Workout