As a woman, how can I tone my butt?

Women have more trouble firming up the backside than any other area of the body. This is the first place women tend to store fat, making it especially difficult to tone. Worse yet, this region is prone to cellulite, bringing about the dreaded "cottage cheese" appearance.

Training won't, by itself, reduce excess fat in your hamstrings and butt. You cannot spot-reduce body fat. But by combining training with a proper nutritional regimen, you can sculpt these muscles to create an enviable posterior. If your butt is flat, you can shape it to give a rounded appearance. If your hamstrings are loose, you can tone them to achieve a rock-hard look. Regardless of your present condition, with a little hard work, a firm, shapely backside can be yours.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Top (Healthy) Reasons to Love Fall
Top (Healthy) Reasons to Love Fall
Apple picking, corn mazes, cooler weather, piles of colorful leaves—fall is a magical time of year. As this new season begins, you might feel inspired...
As a Sharecare Transformer, how do you involve your family in exercise?
Jen McElroy - Sharecare TransformerJen McElroy - Sharecare Transformer
My husband and I have two dogs and we both know the benefits of walking the dogs so I usually sugges...
5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss
5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss5 Reasons to Work Out That Go Beyond Weight Loss
Work up a sweat for these major health benefits.
Standing Slim Workout
Standing Slim Workout