How can my child avoid muscle cramps?

Make sure that your child is properly hydrated. Your child needs to not only be drinking fluids during activity but also before and after. During competition, drinks such as Gatorade or PowerAde provide the essential fuel for the body. Also encourage your child to drink water along with a drink like Gatorade. (This answer provided for NATA by the California University of Pennsylvania Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Fitness For Children

Insist on Fitness for Kids
Insist on Fitness for Kids
All Roads Lead to Rome is a Sarah Jessica Parker movie that led to nowhere (Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 3.5 out of 10). But it’s also a proverb meaning ...
If my daughter has RSD, should she continue exercising in pain?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Not being a physician, I would first steer you to see your local physician.  However, with RSD, some...
Why should I encourage my child to exercise?
You should encourage your child to exercise because it is important for children to exercise and sta...
How Do You Get the Message Out About Fitness, Sports and Nutrition?