Is there a benefit to wearing a neoprene sleeve over large muscles?

Neoprene compression sleeves may offer the benefit of increasing warmth and compression to a joint or muscle. Although not great for improving stability, some studies suggest that a neoprene sleeve may enhance proprioception (body awareness in different environments).

Continue Learning about Fitness Apparel

What are the benefits of compression shorts?
Compression shorts will keep your muscles warm, and make it easier for blood to circulate through yo...
Are there workout clothes for different types of fitness routines?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Yes. There are Several Factors that go in to choosing proper attire, climate, surface, physical limi...
How do I take my wetsuit off?
Kenneth Johnson, NASM Elite TrainerKenneth Johnson, NASM Elite Trainer
Most of my athletes swear by Suit Juice -- it is a lubricant which you spray into the arms and legs ...
How should I choose a sports bra?
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNKaren L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
You want to find one that will fit well and support your breast tissue. The bra should be snug, but ...