What type of clothes should I wear to workout in?

Michael Bergeron, PhD
Sports Medicine
These days, there are a lot of options for kids and adults. Your best bet for exercising in the heat is to choose from the wide array of high-tech breathable, lightweight sportswear designed to allow sweat to quickly evaporate from the skin. Rapid evaporation of sweat helps your body to keep regulate body temperature more effectively. Of course, the right clothes alone can’t keep you completely safe and risk-free if the heat and/or humidity are high. Adequate hydration, modified activity, and frequent breaks are essential as well.

Continue Learning about Fitness Apparel

Toxic Workout Clothes
Toxic Workout Clothes
Beware -- your favorite antimicrobial workout shirt or water-repellent hiking jacket may contain some surprising, and potentially toxic, chemicals. A ...
Are sliding shorts necessary for baseball or softball?
Mark Dickey , NASM Elite TrainerMark Dickey , NASM Elite Trainer
Although sliding shorts are not required for playing baseball or softball, you will find that slidin...
What kind of swimsuit should I wear to hide my belly?
The best swimsuits to camouflage a big belly are made with extra Lycra and ruched fabric around ...
Do Toning Shoes Really Make You Burn More Calories?