First Prenatal Check-Up

When should I call my doctor if my home pregnancy test is positive?

• ADr. Melissa Brown, MD, OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology), answered on behalf of Intermountain Healthcare
    Let's say you've missed your period, and you check a home pregnancy test and find out that it's positive. One of the most important phone calls after you tell your partner is to call your doctor and inform him or her. It's important to seek prenatal care early. It's also important for your doctor to know so that he or she can be keeping an eye on you to watch for certain problems that can happen in the early first trimester.
What are the benefits of an early ultrasound during pregnancy?