What if I can't pay for prenatal tests?

Most health insurance plans, including Medicaid, will pay for prenatal visits, care, and medically necessary tests. If you are concerned that you cannot afford a prenatal test that you have decided is best for your pregnancy, your health care provider or a genetic counselor may be able to help you find some financial assistance to cover the cost of the test.
Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth

ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO MAKE WISE DECISIONS ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY AND THE BIRTH OF YOUR CHILD -- FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH" Pregnancy and birth are as ordinary...

Continue Learning about First Prenatal Check-Up

How often should I see my doctor during the third trimester of pregnancy?
In the third trimester, prenatal visits become more frequent. In the first part of the third trimest...
When should I have my first prenatal doctor's appointment?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
The optimum time for a visit actually starts before pregnancy as a preconceptual counseling visit to...
What should be my first step if I think I'm pregnant?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Almost half of all women become pregnant without planning. If you think you are pregnant, the first ...
What are the benefits of an early ultrasound during pregnancy?
Brett E. Horsley, DOBrett E. Horsley, DO
If you are pregnant, the majority of physicians will do an ultrasound on your first visit for a ...