What if I can't pay for prenatal tests?

Most health insurance plans, including Medicaid, will pay for prenatal visits, care, and medically necessary tests. If you are concerned that you cannot afford a prenatal test that you have decided is best for your pregnancy, your health care provider or a genetic counselor may be able to help you find some financial assistance to cover the cost of the test.
Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth

ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO MAKE WISE DECISIONS ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY AND THE BIRTH OF YOUR CHILD -- FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH" Pregnancy and birth are as ordinary...

Continue Learning about First Prenatal Check-Up

What are the different types of responses to prenatal test results?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
When you hear test results, you may feel exhausted, relieved, exhilarated, despairing, joyful, or te...
What will happen on my first prenatal doctor visit during pregnancy?
Your first prenatal visit will be longer and more involved than the others. During your initial visi...
What happens at my first prenatal doctor visit?
The Medical Center of AuroraThe Medical Center of Aurora
During your first prenatal doctor visit, the doctor will perform a physical exam. You will also have...
When should I have my first ultrasound during pregnancy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
When our patients get their first positive pregnancy test, we have them come in fairly soon. We try ...