Why am I more likely to survive a cardiac arrest if two people perform CPR?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD

According to a recent Japanese study, when it comes to performing CPR during a cardiac arrest, two pairs of hands are better than one. In this video, Dr. Robin Miller discusses this finding and shares CPR tips.

Continue Learning about First Aid Techniques

What is the head-tilt/chin-lift technique to help open an airway?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The head-tilt/chin-lift technique moves the tongue away from the back of the throat, allowing air to...
What should I do before providing first aid?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
You should do the following before providing first aid:Check to make sure the scene is safe before...
How do I assess a conscious victim before giving first aid?
Hopefully you have taken a first aid course. Remember, Do No Further Harm - if you are unsure or you...
How do I record information of my interview of an injured or ill person?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Preferably, have someone else write it down for you. Give the information to EMS personnel when ...