How can two people trained to perform CPR work together?

If two responders trained in CPR are at the scene, both should identify themselves as being trained. One should call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number for help while the other performs CPR.

If the first responder tires and needs help:

• The first responder should tell the second responder to take over.
  • The second responder should immediately take over CPR, beginning with chest compressions.

Continue Learning about First Aid Techniques

How should I calm someone having a heart attack?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Be calm and reassuring. Comforting the person helps to reduce anxiety and eases some of the disc...
How do I record information of my interview of an injured or ill person?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Preferably, have someone else write it down for you. Give the information to EMS personnel when ...
What three things keep the right amount of blood flowing in the body?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The heart must be working well An adequate amount of oxygen-rich blood must be circulating in the ...
What should I do before providing first aid?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
You should do the following before providing first aid:Check to make sure the scene is safe before...