How do I hold an infant in a recovery position?

1. Position the infant face-down along your forearm. 
  2. Support the head and neck with your other hand while keeping the mouth and nose clear. 
  3. Keep the head and neck slightly lower than the chest.

American Red Cross, position infant, face down, support head, gentle, rescue infant

Continue Learning about First Aid Techniques

How should I examine someone in an emergency?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Take two basic steps: Interview the person and bystanders Examine the person from head to toe
What three things keep the right amount of blood flowing in the body?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The heart must be working well An adequate amount of oxygen-rich blood must be circulating in the ...
How do I give rescue breaths to an infant when performing CPR?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
After giving 30 chest compressions, give 2 rescue breaths, covering the infant’s mouth and nose wi...
How do I record information of my interview of an injured or ill person?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Preferably, have someone else write it down for you. Give the information to EMS personnel when ...