Do I perform CPR for a child or an infant the same as for an adult?

The principles of CPR (compressing the chest and giving rescue breaths) are the same for children and infants as for adults. However, the CPR techniques are slightly different since children’s and infants’ bodies are smaller. 

Continue Learning about First Aid Techniques

What is the proper technique for spine boarding?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Spine boarding is a technique that is used to transport an athlete for emergency care whenever a cer...
How should I calm someone having a heart attack?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Be calm and reassuring. Comforting the person helps to reduce anxiety and eases some of the disc...
What three things keep the right amount of blood flowing in the body?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The heart must be working well An adequate amount of oxygen-rich blood must be circulating in the ...
What is the head-tilt/chin-lift technique to help open an airway?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The head-tilt/chin-lift technique moves the tongue away from the back of the throat, allowing air to...