When should I call the doctor about my child’s burns?

Contact your doctor or go to the emergency room (ER) for any burn to the face, hands, feet or groin. Any burn to a major joint, or any circumferential burn (which is one going completely around a limb) should be treated as well. Also, call your doctor for any burn that does not blanch when pressed, any burn involving a source other than contact (such as electrical or inhalation) or any burn over a large surface area.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Morihei Ueshiba, founder of the Japanese martial art of Aikido, once said, “The spirit is the true shield.” While there’s no doubt Ueshiba was onto so...
How to Perform the Heimlich Maneuver
How to Perform the Heimlich Maneuver
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?
How to Use an EpiPen
How to Use an EpiPen