When does a burn require medical attention?

A burn requires medical attention when it is large, develops large blisters, worsens over time or causes breaks in the skin. A minor burn can be treated at home with cold water and over-the-counter pain medication. 

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

7 Office Health Hazards—And How to Avoid Them
Americans spend roughly eight hours a day at work during the week and many times, those hours are spent in an office setting. When a majority of your ...
How can I help an unconscious person if they are breathing?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Keep the person lying face-up and maintain an open airway by using the head-tilt/chin-lift technique...
How can air get into the victim's stomach while I'm giving rescue breaths?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
This may happen if you breathe too long, breathe too hard or do not open the airway far enough.
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Find out how to ward off mosquitoes without exposing your skin to harsh chemicals. Summer is in full swing, and that means you’re probably spending lo...