Splinting is a method of keeping a body part from moving in order to allow it to heal better. It generally involves a hard material, such as a cast, that hardens in order to allow a broken bone to heal. Stiff fabrics, plastic and metal are also used to immobilize an area. This technique is used for sprains and after certain surgical procedures as well.
- Q How do I give first aid for choking?
- Q What can I do to help minimize further injury when someone is hurt?
- Q What do I need in a first aid kit?
- Q How do I give first aid for a snakebite?
- Q How do I make a castor oil pack?
- Q What should I do for my child in an emergency?