What injuries can benefit from intermittent compression?

You can use intermittent compression it to treat acute and chronic injury. It can also assist in orthopedic surgery rehabilitation.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Washington State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Know the Chicken Move
Know the Chicken Move
If you’re like me, shopping is like a second job during the holiday shopping season. I’m not particularly paranoid, but I do want to be prepared in ca...
Say Goodbye to Antibacterial Soaps
Say Goodbye to Antibacterial Soaps
In the 1966 campy TV romp, It’s About Time, two astronauts, Mac and Hector (Frank Aletter and Jack Mullaney) travel back in time and meet cave-dweller...
The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 9 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t Bandages
The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 9 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t BandagesThe Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 9 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t BandagesThe Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 9 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t BandagesThe Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 9 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t Bandages
Gauze, gloves and other must-haves to patch a wound, wrap a sprain and more. When emergencies arise, having a well-stocked first aid kit, kept in an ...
How to Use an EpiPen
How to Use an EpiPen