What home supplies can help prevent a trip to the ER?

Many trips to the emergency room can be prevented. In this video, emergency room physician Phillip Blanc, MD, shows Dr. Oz his favorite inexpensive products that can treat or prevent problems before they become serious.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Bug-Borne Illnesses Are on the Rise—Here’s How to Avoid Them
While many bug bites cause only minor irritation, some can spread diseases like West Nile, Zika, dengue and Lyme disease. In fact, between 2004 and 20...
How can I help a victim who is not breathing and has been under water?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
First, have someone call 911 immediately. If there is a possibility that the person injured their sp...
How can I tell if my rescue breaths into a stoma are working?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Your rescue breaths are successful if you see the chest rise and fall, and you hear and feel air esc...
What Does the CDC Do to Help Make the US and World Safer and Healthier?