What can I do if someone has fallen in my home?

Leigh Vinocur, MD
Emergency Medicine
If someone has fallen in your home:

– If they are not breathing start CPR and stop any bleeding with pressure.

– If they are unconscious or complaining of neck, back or hip pain DO NOT move them or try to straighten twisted limbs or try to push bones back under the skin.

– Call 911 immediately.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

The Good News About Bacteria-Covered Hands
When a cloaked Romulan Bird-of-Prey suddenly materializes in the same quadrant as the starship Enterprise, it’s a pretty good bet that conflict is in ...
Coping with the Cold
Coping with the Cold
A winter wonderland may be beautiful, but snow, ice and frigid temperatures can be dangerous. Here are our top four tips to protect yourself when you ...
Labor Day: Tips to Stay Out of the ER
Labor Day: Tips to Stay Out of the ER
It’s Labor Day! One last hurrah of a holiday before autumn, last chance to wear white (or so grandmother says) and—the #1 holiday for the greatest num...
How to Do Hands-Only CPR on an Adult
How to Do Hands-Only CPR on an Adult