What is the first aid treatment for outer ear injuries?

Treatment for outer ear injuries is primarily covering the ear up and holding it in place. In this video, I will describe how to provide aid for this type of injury. 
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
Emergency Medicine
The following are first aid treatment guidelines for outer ear injuries:
  • If you suspect head trauma, call for medical help.
  • If bleeding, apply direct pressure.
  • If a portion has been amputated, treat accordingly.
  • Apply cool compress to decrease swelling.
  • Get medical attention.
Doc's First Aid Guide: Read It Before You Need It

In a medical emergency, time is of the essence. "Doc's First Aid Guide" is an illustrated, first-aid pocket handbook designed to be used as a quick reference and includes the latest CPR guidelines....

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Are Antimicrobials Making Your Soap Less Safe?
If you’d bet the trifecta at the 2016 Kentucky Derby, you would have won big if you picked Always Dreaming, Looking At Lee, and Battle of Midway. But ...
When should I call 9-1-1 for a victim who has been submerged under water?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
You should give 2 minutes of care before calling 9-1-1 for an unconscious person who has been submer...
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Find out how to ward off mosquitoes without exposing your skin to harsh chemicals.
What Emergency Items Should Be In My Family Medicine Cabinet?