How should I start examining an injured or ill person?

You will need to thoroughly check the injured or ill person so that you do not overlook any problems.

• Visually examine the person from head to toe.
  • You may notice an unusual sight or smell that could be caused by a poison, a bruise, a twisted arm or leg, or bleeding.

American Red Cross, medical, alert, badge, rescuer, first, responder

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Morihei Ueshiba, founder of the Japanese martial art of Aikido, once said, “The spirit is the true shield.” While there’s no doubt Ueshiba was onto so...
What can I do if someone has fallen in my home?
Leigh Vinocur, MDLeigh Vinocur, MD
If someone has fallen in your home: – If they are not breathing start CPR and stop any bleeding w...
Tips for a Fun and Safe Halloween
Tips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe Halloween
From candy to costumes, these tips will keep your kids safe this Halloween.
What Emergency Items Should Be In My Family Medicine Cabinet?