What should I do if I get sick on vacation?

If you're on vacation and you get sick, the best thing to do is to get checked out at the nearest emergency room, clinic or urgent care. The same applies if you are out of the country. If traveling out of the country, you should plan ahead by seeking advice from your PMD concerning vaccines, medical supplies, and disease common to that particular area. If sick in a foreign country, also contact the embassy for recommended local medical facilities.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

The 411 on Poison Ivy
The 411 on Poison Ivy
Uma Thurman portrayed the villainess Poison Ivy in 1997’s Batman and Robin and her effort earned her a nomination for that year’s Razzie, or Golden Ra...
Tornado Preparedness: Your Guide to Staying Safe During a Tornado
While images of tornadoes may be beautiful in photographs, they can be deadly and wreak havoc on residential homes, businesses and natural habitats. T...
8 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t Bandages
8 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t Bandages8 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t Bandages8 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t Bandages8 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t Bandages
Gauze, gloves and other must-haves to patch a wound, wrap a sprain and more. When emergencies arise, having a well-stocked first aid kit, kept in an e...
How to Do Hands-Only CPR on an Adult
How to Do Hands-Only CPR on an Adult