Why should I learn how to give first aid care?

Diana K. Blythe, MD
Pediatrics
You should learn to give first aid care, because some day you may be in the position to save a life or help in an emergency. While you are never required to help, having the ability to do so helps empower you and the people you can help. Call you local Red Cross for more information.
If you are trained in first aid, you can give help that can save a life in the first few minutes of an emergency. First aid can be the difference between life and death.

Often, it makes the difference between complete recovery and permanent disability. By knowing what to do and acting on that knowledge, you can make a difference.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

The Latest Food and Product Recalls
The Latest Food and Product Recalls
October 30, 2017 – Fisher-Price, based in East Aurora, New York, has voluntarily recalled more than 60,000 motorized baby seats sold in the United Sta...
What is the first important thing I should do to help an injured person?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Calling 9-1-1 or the local emergency number for help. The call taker will send emergency medical ...
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
From fireworks to backyard barbeques, here’s how to help ensure your July 4th is fun and injury-free.
What Emergency Items Should Be In My Family Medicine Cabinet?