What is a first aid kit?

A first aid kit is a collection of items that can help in giving immediate treatment after an injury or illness. You can either buy one that is already assembled, or you can create one yourself. If you are creating your own, make sure that you have thorough supplies - you will need bandages, tape, cold packs, gauze, ointments, medications, and more. You can look on the Internet for a more detailed list of what to include.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

5 Lifesaving Emergency Tips
5 Lifesaving Emergency Tips
Most people don’t think about what they’d do in an emergency beyond calling 911. But did you know that the average time for an ambulance to arrive fro...
How can I tell if my rescue breaths into a stoma are working?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Your rescue breaths are successful if you see the chest rise and fall, and you hear and feel air esc...
Tips for a Fun and Safe Halloween
Tips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe Halloween
From candy to costumes, these tips will keep your kids safe this Halloween.
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?