How do I give first aid for shock?

Start by calling 911. As you wait for help to arrive, lie the person down and elevate the feet. Loosen tight clothing and keep them warm. They may complain of being thirsty, but do not give them anything to drink.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

The Silent Danger: Understanding Drowning Risks in Hawaii
Living on an island, especially with small keiki, the thought of drowning is a real and frightening prospect. In Hawaii, drowning deaths overwhelmingl...
What should I do if I get sick on vacation?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
The best way to care for any illness while on vacation is to prepare for it ahead of time. Before yo...
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Find out how to ward off mosquitoes without exposing your skin to harsh chemicals.
What Emergency Items Should Be In My Family Medicine Cabinet?