How can I protect myself from poison ivy?

Clifford W. Bassett, MD
Allergy & Immunology

To protect yourself from poison ivy, applying a barrier cream before you head out is a very effective tool. In this video, allergist Clifford Bassett, MD, discusses how you can prevent a poison ivy reaction and what to do if you encounter it.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

How to Protect Athletes from MRSA
How to Protect Athletes from MRSA
What daily risk do competitive high school fencers face? It's “touché” that’s perilous -- but not because their opponent scores a point. Turns out con...
How can I move an injured or ill person without hurting myself?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Use your knees and hips, not your back, when you bend Avoid twisting your body Do not move a perso...
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Find out how to ward off mosquitoes without exposing your skin to harsh chemicals.
What Does the CDC Do to Help Make the US and World Safer and Healthier?