How should I care for someone with a broken pelvis?

• Because an injury to the pelvis also can involve injury to the lower spine, it is best not to move the person. If possible, try to keep the person lying flat.
  • Watch for signs of internal bleeding and take steps to minimize shock until emergency medical service (EMS) personnel take over.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

5 Lifesaving Emergency Tips
5 Lifesaving Emergency Tips
Most people don’t think about what they’d do in an emergency beyond calling 911. But did you know that the average time for an ambulance to arrive fro...
What should I do if I get sick on vacation?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
The best way to care for any illness while on vacation is to prepare for it ahead of time. Before yo...
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
From fireworks to backyard barbeques, here’s how to help ensure your July 4th is fun and injury-free.
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?