How should I care for someone who has been poisoned by wet chemicals?

• If the poisoning resulted from wet chemicals coming into contact with the skin, flush the affected area with large amounts of cool water.

• Ask someone else to call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number.
  • Keep flushing the area until emergency medical service (EMS) personnel arrive.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

The Latest Food and Product Recalls
The Latest Food and Product Recalls
October 30, 2017 – Fisher-Price, based in East Aurora, New York, has voluntarily recalled more than 60,000 motorized baby seats sold in the United Sta...
How can I tell if my rescue breaths into a stoma are working?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Your rescue breaths are successful if you see the chest rise and fall, and you hear and feel air esc...
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Find out how to ward off mosquitoes without exposing your skin to harsh chemicals.
What Emergency Items Should Be In My Family Medicine Cabinet?