How do I care for a child with an ear infection?

• Pain symptoms may be treated with ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
  • In children younger than 2 years, watch for sleeplessness and irritability during or after an upper respiratory infection, such as a cold.
  • Always consult the child’s healthcare provider before giving any over-the-counter pain relievers.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Get Ticked Off Earlier This Year
Get Ticked Off Earlier This Year
During the first days of April you can enjoy the season openers for major league baseball teams across the country. It’s when the Indians, Yankees and...
What is the first important thing I should do to help an injured person?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Calling 9-1-1 or the local emergency number for help. The call taker will send emergency medical ...
Tips for a Fun and Safe Halloween
Tips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe Halloween
From candy to costumes, these tips will keep your kids safe this Halloween.
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?