If an injured person doesn't speak my language, what should I do?

Question family members, friends or bystanders. They may be able to give you helpful information or help you to communicate with the person.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Toilet Seat Covers: Do They Work?
Toilet Seat Covers: Do They Work?
My husband runs every day with a jogging group. Often in the course of their runs they have a need for a Porta Potty. One day the guys in the group we...
In an emergency, what should I do for the person after calling 9-1-1?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Check the person for life-threatening conditions, and give the necessary care: Do no further ha...
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Find out how to ward off mosquitoes without exposing your skin to harsh chemicals.
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?