If an injured person doesn't speak my language, what should I do?

Question family members, friends or bystanders. They may be able to give you helpful information or help you to communicate with the person.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

The 411 on Poison Ivy
The 411 on Poison Ivy
Uma Thurman portrayed the villainess Poison Ivy in 1997’s Batman and Robin and her effort earned her a nomination for that year’s Razzie, or Golden Ra...
How can I tell if someone has become suddenly ill?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
  When a person becomes suddenly ill, he or she usually looks and feels sick. Common signs are: ...
How can I tell if an adult is having a cardiac emergency?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
If an adult is not breathing, and if the emergency is not the result of drowning or other respirator...
Home Remedies That Can Land You in the ER
Home Remedies That Can Land You in the ERHome Remedies That Can Land You in the ERHome Remedies That Can Land You in the ERHome Remedies That Can Land You in the ER
Skip these DIY treatments—and see a medical professional, for goodness sake.  It’s understandable that you’d want to try treating conditions at home. ...