How do I become certified in first aid?

Many organizations offer first aid certification. These certifications usually involve a short instructor-led course followed by an exam to test your knowledge. When looking for a certification class, be sure that your course includes cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use. You may also want to look for a specific course depending on your needs. Lifeguards often take a particular class directed toward swimming and water safety. New parents may look for a class that focuses on first aid needs for children.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

The Good News About Bacteria-Covered Hands
When a cloaked Romulan Bird-of-Prey suddenly materializes in the same quadrant as the starship Enterprise, it’s a pretty good bet that conflict is in ...
How can I tell if someone has become suddenly ill?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
  When a person becomes suddenly ill, he or she usually looks and feels sick. Common signs are: ...
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
From fireworks to backyard barbeques, here’s how to help ensure your July 4th is fun and injury-free.
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?