What should I do after I finish examining an injured or ill person?

• When you have finished checking, determine if the person can move without any pain.
  • If there are no other signals of injury, have him or her attempt to rest in a sitting or other comfortable position.
  • When the person feels ready, help him or her to stand.
  • Determine what additional care is needed before calling 9-1-1 or the local emergency number.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Know the Chicken Move
Know the Chicken Move
If you’re like me, shopping is like a second job during the holiday shopping season. I’m not particularly paranoid, but I do want to be prepared in ca...
How can I move an injured or ill person without hurting myself?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Use your knees and hips, not your back, when you bend Avoid twisting your body Do not move a perso...
Tailgating Traumas to Avoid
Tailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to Avoid
Get your party on and get home safely.
What Does the CDC Do to Help Make the US and World Safer and Healthier?