What is the clothes drag for moving an injured or ill person?

The clothes drag can be used to move a conscious or unconscious person with a suspected head, neck or spinal injury. This move helps keep the person’s head, neck and back stabilized.

Continue Learning about First Aid Risks

What are the risks of responding to a medical emergency?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
Anyone involved in the care of an ill or injured person can be at risk of acquiring an infectiou...
What states have Good Samaritan laws?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Most states and the District of Columbia have Good Samaritan laws that protect people against ne...
If there are a lot bystanders at an emergency scene, should I help?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The presence of bystanders does not mean that a person is receiving help. You may have to help, ...
Why should I discourage an injured person from driving to a hospital?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
An injury may restrict movement, pain may be distracting, or the person may become groggy or fai...