What is a skin adhesive?

Skin adhesive is an alternative way that doctors bind wounds in order to avoid stitches. It is usually used on smaller wounds. With adhesives, your doctor will apply a thin layer to your wound and let it dry. The adhesive holds your wound together and it falls off within five to 10 days.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Wounds

Are You Prepared to Save a Life?
Are You Prepared to Save a Life?
Hopefully, you’ll never be in a situation where someone is suffering life-threatening bleeding. However, uncontrolled bleeding is the leading cause of...
What is a tourniquet?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
A tourniquet is a tight band placed around an arm or a leg to constrict blood vessels in order to st...
How do I know if my wound needs stitches?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
It can be difficult to judge when a wound requires stitches. One rule of thumb is that a healthcare ...
How should I care for a lip or gum injury?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
For injuries that penetrate the lip, place a rolled dressing between the lip and the gum. You ca...