What kind of bandage should I use for my wound?

Always use a clean and fresh adhesive strip (Band-Aid), sterile gauze or adhesive tape. Try to change your bandage at least once a day. If your wound is large and spreads across a large part of your body, seek medical attention and follow your doctor's instructions.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Wounds

Are You Prepared to Save a Life?
Are You Prepared to Save a Life?
Hopefully, you’ll never be in a situation where someone is suffering life-threatening bleeding. However, uncontrolled bleeding is the leading cause of...
What should I do if my wound starts swelling?
Brian Evans, MDBrian Evans, MD
If a wound starts to swell, it can be an indicator of an underlying medical issue, an infection or a...
How should I apply an elastic roller bandage to treat a wound?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
To apply an elastic roller bandage: Check the circulation of the limb beyond where you will be pl...
What's the Best Way to Remove a Splinter?