How do I give chest compressions to an unconscious choking infant?

• Locate the correct hand and finger position for chest compressions. Use the pads of two or three fingers of your other hand to give chest compressions on the center of the chest, just below the nipple line (toward the infant’s feet). If you feel the notch at the end of the infant’s sternum, move your fingers slightly toward the infant’s head.
  • Give 30 chest compressions at a rate of at least 100 chest compressions per minute. Each compression should be about 1½ inches deep.

American Red Cross, infant, pads of two fingers, open airway, tilt head, CPR

Continue Learning about First Aid For Choking

How do I give chest compressions to an unconscious choking child?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Locate the correct hand position for chest compressions. Use the same technique that is used for...
How do I give care to an unconscious adult who is choking?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
AFTER CHECKING THE SCENE AND THE INJURED OR ILL PERSON: 1: GIVE A RESCUE BREATH Retilt the head an...
How does a person choke?
A person chokes when food gets stuck in the trachea. Learn more in this video with Dr. Oz. 
How do I clear the airway of a large or pregnant person who is choking?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
If a conscious choking person is too big for you to reach around, is obviously pregnant or is kno...