How do I give chest compressions to an unconscious choking infant?

• Locate the correct hand and finger position for chest compressions. Use the pads of two or three fingers of your other hand to give chest compressions on the center of the chest, just below the nipple line (toward the infant’s feet). If you feel the notch at the end of the infant’s sternum, move your fingers slightly toward the infant’s head.
  • Give 30 chest compressions at a rate of at least 100 chest compressions per minute. Each compression should be about 1½ inches deep.

American Red Cross, infant, pads of two fingers, open airway, tilt head, CPR

Continue Learning about First Aid For Choking

How does a person choke?
A person chokes when food gets stuck in the trachea. Learn more in this video with Dr. Oz. 
How can I prevent my toddler from choking?
Don’t hurry your child to finish eating. A young child can be overwhelmed with lots of food, so put ...
How Does a Person Choke?
How Does a Person Choke?
What Should I Do If Someone Is Choking?
What Should I Do If Someone Is Choking?