What is a Babesia infection?

Babesia, also called Babesiosis, is a protozoa infection spread by deer ticks and black-legged ticks. It is more common during warm months, and most cases occur in the Northeast and Upper Midwest regions of the United States

Continue Learning about First Aid For Animal Encounters

A Real Remedy for Jellyfish Stings—That’s Not Pee
When former Spice Girl Mel B. volunteered to appear on Running Wild with Bear Grylls in 2016 she knew she’d be in for an adventure of a lifetime. But ...
Should I call 9-1-1 for someone bitten by an animal?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number if the wound is bleeding seriously or you suspect the anima...
Should I call 9-1-1 for someone bitten by a spider or scorpion?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number immediately if you suspect that someone has been bitten by ...
What is the first aid treatment for insect or animal bites?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
The following instructions are the first aid treatment for insect or animal bites: Do not elevat...