Should I see a doctor if I've been bitten by a tick?

A simple tick bite all by itself might not indicate a trip to the doctor. Pull the tick off and keep an eye on yourself; if you have any symptoms such as a rash and fever, then you should go to the emergency department or see your primary care doctor. The sooner antibiotics are started, the less likely your symptoms may progress to more severe illnesses that require hospitalization.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Animal Encounters

A Real Remedy for Jellyfish Stings—That’s Not Pee
When former Spice Girl Mel B. volunteered to appear on Running Wild with Bear Grylls in 2016 she knew she’d be in for an adventure of a lifetime. But ...
How do I avoid tick bites?
Here's your basic, four-point plan to lower your risk of tick bites and Lyme disease: Use insect ...
What should I do if my child is stung by a bee?
If you ever see a child have a run-in with a bee, a wasp, or a pile of fire ants, you know his react...
Should I call 9-1-1 for someone bitten by an animal?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number if the wound is bleeding seriously or you suspect the anima...