Is a scorpion sting an emergency?

Only a few species of scorpions have a sting that can cause death. It is difficult to distinguish highly poisonous scorpions from nonpoisonous scorpions. Therefore, all scorpion stings should be treated as medical emergencies.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Animal Encounters

A Real Remedy for Jellyfish Stings—That’s Not Pee
When former Spice Girl Mel B. volunteered to appear on Running Wild with Bear Grylls in 2016 she knew she’d be in for an adventure of a lifetime. But ...
Should I call 9-1-1 for someone bitten by a spider or scorpion?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number immediately if you suspect that someone has been bitten by ...
What should I do if my child is stung by a bee?
If you ever see a child have a run-in with a bee, a wasp, or a pile of fire ants, you know his react...
How do I avoid tick bites?
Here's your basic, four-point plan to lower your risk of tick bites and Lyme disease: Use insect ...