Is a rattlesnake bite life-threatening?

Rattlesnakes account for most snakebites and most of the deaths from snakebites in the United States. Most deaths occur because the bitten person has an allergic reaction or is in poor health, or because too much time passes before he or she receives medical care.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Animal Encounters

A Real Remedy for Jellyfish Stings—That’s Not Pee
When former Spice Girl Mel B. volunteered to appear on Running Wild with Bear Grylls in 2016 she knew she’d be in for an adventure of a lifetime. But ...
How do I avoid tick bites?
Here's your basic, four-point plan to lower your risk of tick bites and Lyme disease: Use insect ...
What should I do if I get bitten by a snake?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
First, get far enough away from the snake so it cannot attack you again.Second, call 911 and get hel...
How can an animal bite cause an emergency?
Dr. Elif E. Oker, MDDr. Elif E. Oker, MD
Animal bites can cause an emergency if they result in significant trauma to the body and/or an infec...