How can a spider bite cause an emergency?

Spider bites can cause many problems. Specific spider bites are known to be more harmful than others, especially black widow and brown recluse bites. Urgent problems include signs of infection or tissue death. Emergencies from a spider bite are rare but can include a serious allergic reaction that causes breathing problems.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Animal Encounters

A Real Remedy for Jellyfish Stings—That’s Not Pee
When former Spice Girl Mel B. volunteered to appear on Running Wild with Bear Grylls in 2016 she knew she’d be in for an adventure of a lifetime. But ...
What should I do if I get bitten by a snake?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
First, get far enough away from the snake so it cannot attack you again.Second, call 911 and get hel...
How do I care for someone who has been bitten by an animal?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
To care for an animal bite: Control bleeding first if the wound is bleeding seriously. Do not ...
What is the first aid treatment for animal bites that break the skin?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
For animal or human bite that breaks the skin:Make sure scene is safe. (Avoid animals acting stran...