Should I wipe a person's chest with alcohol before using an AED?

Do not use alcohol to wipe the person's chest. Alcohol is flammable.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

What is the recovery position in first aid?
The recovery position in first aid is designed to maintain the airway of an unconscious person. Ther...
How should I call for help during a medical emergency?
Brett SnodgrassBrett Snodgrass
Obviously, your first call for help should be to "911".  Remember, and teach your children, to only ...
What should I do before putting on personal protective gear to give care?
First and foremost, wash your hands. This will ensure that your hands are clean before you put on an...
What should you do if someone passes out?
If someone passes out and does not wake back up immediately, call 911. If someone passes out and wak...