What should you do if someone passes out?

If someone passes out and does not wake back up immediately, call 911. If someone passes out and wakes up right away, you may not need to call 911 but that person still needs to be brought in to an emergency room to be seen by a doctor.

Continue Learning about First Aid For Medical Emergencies & Conditions

Avoid Unnecessary Trips to the Emergency Department
In the movie Pay It Forward, the storyline is all about doing good deeds for strangers who, in turn, pass on a good deed to someone they don’t know. O...
What should I do if I have determined that an emergency scene is unsafe?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
If dangers threaten, stay at a safe distance and call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number immediatel...
What should I do first when I get to an injured person when giving care?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Check the scene and the person.Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number.Care for the person.
How to Save a Life With the Texas Two Step